Conservation & Listed Buildings

If you have a Listed Building or a property in a Conservation or Greenbelt area then you need to pay particular attention to the regulations affecting your property and take into consideration the processes that apply. At Sevenoaks Plans we have considerable experience in all types of Conservation planning and can advise you on the quickest and most reliable route to achieving the goal of your project. 

Listed Building development

Listed Building consent is needed for all planned works that would involve alteration, extension or demolition of a building of this type. Not knowing that a building is Listed does is not a defence against any criminal proceedings that might be pursued if the appropriate process is not followed. 

If you are planning any work on a Listed Building then please feel free to contact us for expert advice on how best to tackle your project. We have many years' experience of working on applications of this nature, some of which can be seen in our Portfolio.

Development in a Conservation area

In some areas of the country, known generally as 'designated areas', Permitted Development rights are more restricted than elsewhere. If you live in a Conservation Area, a National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty or the Norfolk or Suffolk Broads, you will need to apply for planning permission for certain types of work which do not need an application in other areas.

Sevenoaks Plans has many years of experience working on projects in Greenbelt and Conservation areas and so if your project is affected by this type of regulation then please don't hesitate to contact us. You can see examples of our work in our Porfolio.

Contact us